Monday, April 24, 2006

The tests we are given.

Yes, it's been a while since I posted, again. Well, this time I have a pretty good excuse. While trying to care for diabetes (there is a trick to it, I'm almost catching on), and restarting high blood pressure meds, all while in the middle of a seeming storm of activities, I fell into my next difficulty. By the way, I figured out which medicine had been causing exhaustion, it was the high blood pressure medicine for sure. On a side note, thanks for the bits and pieces Kiwi, they do fill in some gaps and lead me to do more research as well. Anyway, beyond making me tired, the bp medicine was interfering with my balance and responses. I was getting bruised and battered from bumping and stumbling, with no warning signs of dizziness or light-headedness. Not a problem, really, until I fell. I fell hard. I landed on my ribs, which themselves struck the edge of the bath/shower rim. Not only did I not see it coming, I fell like a rock. Perhaps it's better I didn't realize it was happening and try to respond as I probably would have just broken an arm, wrist, hand, fingers, or something else since my legs were dead to me. Still, I ended up bruising, fracturing, or breaking a few ribs. I had been bed bound for a week while trying to decide if I should go to the doctor... again. After a week, I finally pulled myself together and got in. Though it wasn't fun going back in, the treatment was worth it. A painkiller and advice not to fall again because falling hurts:) Oh, alright, I made up the advice part. Now, I hate the feeling I get on painkillers, but being able to sleep well, to partially function around the house, and to BREATH, makes it worth it.

On the upside, my blood sugar is down to and sticking around the low 100's. I'm weighing in at about 264. And I've been having success changing my diet, in part due to an inability to shop as I normally would have. I think the forced short term change will make the long term change I need to make in my diet easier. Oh, and I'm learning how to function on the pain pills a bit better. I've got about another week before the doctor will have me cut them down. I think though, the best part of all is I'm still ok with everything, the world, and all. I've had worse, I'm actually grateful for what I have and the tests before me and the gifts I've been given to cope with these things, and life is actually pretty good anyway.

I've thought about blogging before this but my mind couldn't wrap it's tongue around the little white pills enough to whisper a decent typing tune. I'm still not sure how this will end up, as my mind still can't get around to editing. I'll use the spell checker and that will be about it.

Blessings.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kiwi the Geek said...

You noticed me! I need to change my diet too. As in, I need to eat. No appetite. Food? Blech! This is a problem...

9:02 AM, April 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:37 AM, February 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home