Friday, March 31, 2006

The left is flagging... right.

Though I haven't been blogging, or writing on others blogs much, I have been watching the news. When I see something that fits, I investigate further. I sift this data, find biographies, sort historic dates, look at when statements by politicians changed. I can't say it all comes together, or not completely. Ask a master chess player what his next five moves will be and he will be able to tell you. The next few moves will be certain, and nearly independent upon his opponent. The last few moves (and maybe a few moves beyond the initial five) will be theory. If it is a very classic game, the players will almost be able to play out very large parts of the game in their head. The difference between the master and the grandmaster will be intuitive actions and reactions to unexpected moves as well as wells of data. Politics is like that.

Watching the masters and grandmasters compete is interesting. In the middle of the game (perpetual in this case), can a layman guess where, when, what, and who? Looking at the last moves, how they were played, where, and by whom is a lot to take in and yet without intuition the data is useless. I like to think I have a very good finger on the pulse of things. I also admit to having more than one game vision at a time. Having more than one potential game plan is just to cover my posterior, it is to cover the X factor (the human variability that I believe is beyond probability, just like our very existence, as life itself is virtually impossible). Although, it does serve to cover that delicate derriere on occasion.

I must also admit, some of my many theories range from pure faith in what is said and done to a nearly complete lack of faith in anything said by anyone. Add eight different theories together, make them somewhat see-through, then stack them and watch the patterns emerge.

What I am seeing now is that the left is splitting. They are all on the same ship. That ship has been split in two. One group is moving as far left as they can. The other is trying desperately to go to the right. The ship itself is not going forward or back, it's engines are dead. Everyone who could get off, has. For some, no life boat could save them (Clintons, Kennedys, Green Peace, PETA, etc.). For others, they just wouldn't believe their boat was in trouble and now all the boats are gone or unusable and no-one, like with the downing of the Titanic, will paddle their half empty life boats back because the risk (risk averse group if there is one) is far too great.

The leftists are exposing themselves in a desperate attempt to save their idealism and impose their radical ideals in case they don't get the chance again. They have blacks, gays, naked children, and whatever else they feel pisses off the general American public in every commercial, movie, book, and other outlet they can find. They are really trying to shove it down our throats one last time. Considering their lack of a reality check, I am almost surprised they know they are almost extinct.

Those trying to be middling are just shutting up. They are avoiding the media (which loves them, but does report what they say), they avoid controversy, and they don't hold lots of public events. Why? Because if they open their mouths, they sound just like the hard lefties. They realize they cannot win this, but if they shut up, they might just get some re-elections. For them, it's more about personal job and power security than ever being actually effective again in their lifetimes.

Well, that is how I see it. It's been quite interesting to watch. It will be better when I feel it is truly over. I was sure the USSR was going to fail 3 years before it did. When I saw it happen, I was elated... but very cautious. It took a good 3 years after for me to be secure with that. But for me to be sure the communists in my country have been put down, I think I will keep that worry as long as I live.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kiwi the Geek said...

I think you need to proofread before you post. Esp the political/social related stuff.

6:46 PM, April 05, 2006  
Blogger Kiwi the Geek said...

Dang it, I wasn't finished. Often, your sentences get complicated and you forget a 'not' and I think I know what you're saying but I'm not sure.

6:47 PM, April 05, 2006  
Blogger Doom said...

Kiwi,

Yeah, I know. The meds (I think) are making critical thinking a bit fuzzy. I'll probably edit soon, but I think you do know what I mean. On top of that, I've been so busy with so many things, that nothing is getting that top polish I prefer. I am just glad to be doing some bits and pieces of things I like to do for now. Please be patient. Even if I don't get it right, perhaps you can go beyond patient and on into forgiving.

10:10 AM, April 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home