Thursday, February 16, 2006

A busy and bumpy couple of weeks.

Hello all. I certainly haven't been blogging as I would like. The last two weeks have been full of travel, a funeral, and illness. Last week I drove around Iowa looking for just the right old truck and just the right price. After looking at a number of them, by Friday I had decided and had to go get it. It's perfect for my needs, though a bit of a tall boy. I decided on a pre-computer truck so I can be a shade tree mechanic. It's a 1972, automatic, 350, 6" lift kit, with 38" tires. Then, Saturday I found out my eldest uncle had died. So, I made plans to leave but had to wait for my cousin to get confirmation from his boss that he could take the time off. We didn't end up leaving until Monday morning. We stayed only until Tuesday night as the weather seemed risky for another overnight stay. Getting back essentially Wednesday morning, I began to have extreme shivers and I became cold. So, I've been bundled up and sleeping. I hope I don't have to travel that much, or any at all really, for a good long time. I also hope this flu starts dissipating a bit quicker. All in all, it's been good. Though the situation with the funeral, especially for the senior, a favored, and a good uncle, was sad and a bit troubling at times, seeing other family members I hadn't seen in years was good.

All other things in life are still on schedule, with the addition of college. I will be taking motorcycle lessons (to avoid the driving part of the test and get caught back up on the rules and skills) this April, scuba diving lessons (similar reasons) in May, and since I bought a truck my cousin will be buying a bigger boat in May or June. Should be all geared up for summer by the time it's fun to be out. Though, there is still the troubling idea of a motorcycle. I am looking for one that would fit me (at 6'4" and 260) and my cousin (at 5'9" and slight) that is in the right price range, no more than $2-3k. Just something for cheap driving in the summer, in town.

Now, though, to get back to swimming and basketball. The flu is still bad, so I can't really be pushing that. I hope by Saturday, maybe Friday, I'll be back in the water, with basketball on Monday.

I'll get back to opinions soon too. There have been so many juicy tidbits in the news and in my mind, but access just wasn't there and I hate "day-old" blog stuff, even if it was only "day-old" in my mind. It's like a 2005 Ford GT, so last year. Now you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home