Thursday, February 02, 2006

Dating!

Wow, it happened. After 6 years of not dating, I am back on the scene. From what I remembered about dating, it was an excruciating step in the process of finding a woman to be with. Before recently, my relationships were secular even if with Christian women. So sex was all but expected after a few real dates and spending a few weeks to months together. This will be my first experience in which my aim is to avoid sex before marriage (engagements no longer count either). So, in it's own way, this is my first time dating as a principled (trying) Christian looking for a woman with similar principles.

My first date was fantastic. My date is a pretty woman, but more, she is a well rounded person. When she laughed, she did so because the moment was rich or the conversation struck her that way. She has a history which she translated to story in a beautiful manner. I was pleased to just listen, asking questions (usually) at breaks in the story for my understanding. We found some things in common and some differences. Beyond that, it was very good to share a meal with a woman as a couple.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kiwi the Geek said...

Yay! Get married soon, I hope. But if you get a baby before I, that would be really pitiful. Which reminds me, it's about that time again. Hey Beloved...

1:43 AM, February 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home