Sunday, February 05, 2006

It's Alive!

The world has been changing for me or I for it. Sometimes such things need to be clarified to be certain though in this case clarity may never be possible. After losing nearly 70 pounds, I have continued to lose fat while solidifying muscle, bone, and brain (fat, I know, but like some cholesterol, it's the good kind).

I have started playing basketball, jumping rope, swimming, and taking walks in local public land areas. I have started to target shoot and hunted for the first time a few months back. I will be taking lessons for motorcycle proficiency in a few months and scuba diving the month after that. I just got a loan to buy a (cheap but serviceable) boat and 4x4 truck so that fishing and water-skiing will be possible (and I'll have a decent winter/camping platform).

What happened I may never know. My body just changed. It started when I decided to find my way back to God, now that I think about it. After attending (in an irregular manner) adult induction classes into the church, I started drinking more water. That was the odd key to my weight loss. After that, everything just started to roll.

After twenty years of partial to complete social isolation and inactivity, this to me is a miracle. As it is coming to fruition, I am grabbing it with both hands like a recovering addict grasping at one last straw of sobriety. I am led to believe I was living the wrong way and a seemingly simple change has opened me up to greater things and greater goods. To these, I have to give a pass on congratulations. Give those to God, I certainly do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home